Successful managers get things done. The NAMIC Leadership Seminar assembles top academics and practitioners from across the country to provide a leadership development experience for professionals still in the comparatively early stages of their careers. The program was created to increase participants’ effectiveness at work, to provide them with the important insights and tools for strategic career planning, and to transform high-potential middle managers into effective leaders.
Application Period Ended for 2022
Please check back in early 2023 for submission information
Final Seminar of 2022: November 14 – 18 (Virtual)
Key elements of the curriculum are as follows:
- Inclusive Leadership
- Maximizing the Impact of Diverse Teams
- Dealing with Conflict
- Mentoring and Networking
- Power & Influence
- Maximizing the eLearning Experience
- Executive Presence
- Careers by Design
- Action Planning
- Manager, supervisor, and or new (less than 2 years) director
- A strong performer
- Motivated to succeed and aspiring to higher positions with increasing visibility and responsibility
- Endorsed by his/her company to participate in the NAMIC Leadership Seminar
- Current NAMIC member
- Please complete the online application in its entirety. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Acceptance in NAMIC's Professional Development Programs is competitive; thus, submitting an application form does not necessarily guarantee admission to the program.
- All applications undergo a review process. Attention is given to every aspect of an application, including the evaluation of current and past achievements, letters of recommendation, and your statement of purpose are all taken into consideration.
- All of the information collected is strictly confidential and will be used exclusively in making program enrollment decisions.
- Withdrawal from the program must be submitted via email to email@example.com two weeks before the start of the program. An applicant who fails to withdraw on time will be responsible for the fees associated with the program.
- Participation in the kickoff webinar is mandatory and critical to your success in the program.
- This is a one-week (25 hours from 11:30 am – 5:00 pm ET) program.