NAMIC Leadership Seminar

Click here if you’d like to APPLY ONLINE

Click here if you’d like to DOWNLOAD FORM

Since 2005, the NAMIC Leadership Seminar has assembled top academics and practitioners from across the country to provide a leadership development experience for professionals still in the comparatively early stages of their careers.  The program was created to increase participants’ effectiveness at work, to provide them with the important insights and tools for strategic career planning, and to transform high-potential middle managers into effective leaders.

Dates:

  • July 20-24, 2020 Deadline Extension: June 29
  • September 14-18, 2020 Deadline: August 14
  • October 26-30, 2020 Deadline: September 25

Program Overview

Key elements of the re-imagined curriculum are as follows:

  • Inclusive Leadership
  • Maximizing the Impact of Diverse Teams
  • Dealing With Conflict
  • Mentoring and Networking
  • Power & Influence
  • Maximizing the eLearning Experience
  • Executive Presence
  • Careers by Design
  • Action Planning

Eligibility

  • Manager, supervisor, coordinator, or new (less than 2 years) director
  • A strong performer
  • Motivated to succeed and aspiring to higher positions with increasing visibility and responsibility
  • Endorsed by his/her company to participate in the NAMIC Leadership Seminar
  • Current NAMIC member

Application Process

Forty (40) participants are selected for each virtual session.  Tuition for the NAMIC Leadership Seminar is $4,200 per participant.

Online application: CLICK HERE 
Form Application: Download: 2020 July NAMIC Leadership Seminar
Deadline: June 26, 2020

Scholarship Application

Made possible through a generous gift of the Walter Kaitz Foundation, the Leadership Seminar scholarship targets eligible professionals of color (coordinators, supervisors, managers, and new directors) from small operators and programmers that might otherwise not have adequate resources to support their participation. The scholarship covers 90% of the total $4,200 tuition, with the sponsoring company expected to supply the remaining 10%, signifying its commitment to the employee’s professional development. All Leadership Seminar expenses will be covered in full by the scholarship.

Scholarship Form Application: Download: 2020 July NAMIC Leadership Seminar Scholarship
Deadline: June 26, 2020