2021-2022 Educational Course Offerings
EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM (ELDP) XX, IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA DARDEN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
The Executive Leadership Development Program (ELDP) is designed to nurture visionary and transformational leaders of color in the media and communications industry. With more than 500 graduates, this competitive executive education program takes place over the course of seven months. Open to mid- to senior-level executives of color, ELDP explores the intersection of business-critical leadership competencies and cultural identity. The program is designed to help solve some of the industry’s most persistent challenges: increasing the diversity of the industry’s executive suites; retention of executives of color; and maximizing the ROI of a diverse workforce in a business environment that demands strategic leadership agility and creative innovation.
- A deepened understanding of the changing strategic and market context in the communications industry in an increasingly global and competitive context;
- An enterprise-wide perspective anchored in the overall business and the interconnections of the functional business areas such as financial management, marketing and strategic talent alignment;
- Enhanced capacities to convert business strategy into action;
- A learning mindset that drives innovation;
- Business and strategic insight from leading industry and non-industry professionals; and,
- Competencies to grow and sustain high-performing teams, across organizational, cultural, and ideological spectra.
- Module 1 (Charlottesville, VA): Monday, October 11 – Friday, October 15, 2021
- Module 2 (Rosslyn, VA): Tuesday, December 7 – Friday, December 10, 2021
- Module 3 (Rosslyn, VA): Tuesday, February 15 – Friday, February 18, 2022
- Module 4 (Charlottesville, VA): Monday, May 2 – Friday, May 6, 2022
Target Audience: Directors (minimum of two years at that level), Senior Directors, Vice Presidents, Senior Vice Presidents, Executive Vice Presidents, General Managers, and other mid- to upper-level executives of color; all applicants must complete necessary application and supporting documentation. All applicants must be a current NAMIC member.
Fee: $24,000, includes tuition, executive coaching and materials.
THE NAMIC LEADERSHIP SEMINAR
Successful managers get things done. The NAMIC Leadership Seminar assembles top academics and practitioners from across the country to provide a leadership development experience for professionals still in the comparatively early stages of their careers. The program was created to increase participants’ effectiveness at work, to provide them with the important insights and tools for strategic career planning, and to transform high-potential middle managers into effective leaders.
- July 19-23, 2021
- Application Open: April 5, 2021
- Application Deadline: June 18, 2021
- September 27 – October 1, 2021
- Application Open: June 28, 2021
- Application Deadline: August 20, 2021
- November 15 – 19, 2021
- Application Open: August 23, 2021
- Application Deadline: October 22, 2021
Target Audience: Managers, Supervisor, New Directors (less than 2 years) of all ethnicities who are motivated to succeed and aspiring to higher positions with increasing visibility and responsibility. All applicants must be a current NAMIC member.
L. PATRICK MELLON MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
What types of questions should one be considering on their career journey? How can work knowledge be boosted with interpersonal skills to get to the next career level? The L. Patrick Mellon Mentorship Program was created to help NAMIC’s members achieve career success in a constantly changing, complex communications industry work environment. Program participants are matched (mentees) with seasoned industry executives (mentors) who, through guidance, advocacy, sponsorship, and friendship, can assist them with enhancing on-the-job effectiveness and career strategies to attain future professional and personal goals.
Participants should create or update their profiles at suite.insala.com/login/NAMIC
Target Audience: Junior to more senior-level professionals as mentees; mentors need to contact NAMIC directly to participate. All participants must be a current NAMIC member.
Fee: FREE to all NAMIC members