Founded in 1994 by the NAMIC-Southern California Chapter, the NAMIC Vision Awards salutes original programming for linear and digital platforms that is reflective of the depth and breadth of the lives, spirit and contributions of people of color.
Qualifying programs will be recognized in the following 20 categories:
- Awards & Honors
- Foreign Language
- Original Movie or Special
- Reality – Social Issues
- Variety/Talk Show
- Best Performance – Comedy
- Best Performance – Drama
- Best Performance – Daytime
- Digital Media – Short Form (29 minutes or less)
- Digital Media – Long Form (30 minutes to one hour)
Entries will be judged by a distinguished panel of media and entertainment industry executives based on:
- Overall imagery (creativity, originality, presentation)
- Sensitivity (the consideration given to social or cultural nuances)
- Writing (the depiction of issues relevant to people of color)
- Acting (the actor has delivered an outstanding performance)
Those eligible to submit entries are:
- Broadcast Networks (National, Network-Owned and Operated, Affiliates)
- Cable Networks (National and Regional)
- Cable Operators (for local origination programming)
- Syndicators (First-Run Original Programs)
- VOD content produced by cable and/or broadcast companies for digital platforms—web or mobile – is also eligible for submission.
Programs must be original and have aired between November 1, 2017 and November 30, 2018.
Completed entry submissions and payments are due by Friday, December 14, 2018.
The following must be submitted with each program entered to be considered:
- You can upload your entry/entries via the following video file formats: .m4v, .mp4, .wmv, and .mov.
- Entry fee payment (submissions that do not include payment will not be considered for judging)
- Program Description and running time (150 word limit)
- Network approved credit sheet/cast list
- English language transcript for foreign language programs
Incomplete or late entries will not be judged. You will be notified if your entry is disqualified for any reason. Entry fees are not refundable.
FOREIGN LANGUAGE ENTRIES
Foreign language programs may be entered in any category as long as an English language transcript is provided. Failure to submit a transcript will result in disqualification. Subtitles are also acceptable.
The cost per entry is $350 which is payable by credit card or check. Submissions that do not include payment will not be considered for judging.
If paying by check, please make payable to NAMIC, Inc.
If you are submitting multiple entries, you may pay with the same check or credit card. Please be sure to include a list of all entries covered by the payment. Please mail checks to:
50 Broad Street – Suite 1801
New York, NY 10004
For questions, contact Sandra Girado, Vice President of Events and Partner Relations at (212) 594-5985 or email@example.com.
To learn more about the Vision Awards, or to request an interview with a NAMIC official, please contact:
NAMIC (Press Team)
NAMIC VISION AWARDS TIMELINE
- December 14, 2018 – Entry Deadline
- February 2019 – Nominations Announcement
- April 2019 – Winners Announcement
NOMINEE AND WINNER INFORMATION
If after judging, your entry is a nominee, NAMIC will notify you by email in advance of the public announcement.
If your entry is nominated and wins within the respective category for which it was submitted, NAMIC will notify the contact on the official entry form the day when the public announcement is made.